LAS VEGAS – Reflecting on the past year, Northamerican Heating, Refrigeration and Air conditioning Wholesalers (NHRAW) President Scott Nicholson, Empire Gas & Electric, Denver, said the group has accomplished a great deal. Of primary importance is the continuation of the initiatives undertaken by the Officers’ Strategic Visioning Project. He also cited the following:
- Market Center Distribution continues to be developed as a true “brand” of NHRAW. MCD promotes the value of wholesale distribution by recognizing the numerous advantages the local wholesale distributor brings to their customers, supplier and the hvacr industry in general.
- NHRAW membership classifications have been expanded to make the association more inclusive. New classifications now encompass Integrated Wholesale Distributors, (wholesaling operations of non wholesaling parent companies); Corporate Wholesalers (to engage participants of companies involved in consolidation); Plan and Spec Representative (Distributors); and Marketing / Purchasing Cooperatives.
- The twelve (12) NHRAW regions will transition to eight (8) over the next two years to allow equitable representation taking into account the industry changes that have occurred with consolidation.
- Efforts continue in the process of making the annual conference a world-class event. A special Events Task Force Committee and sub-task force committee are focused on the quality of programs and events to insure that the utmost value will be gained by participation.
- Contributions to the James D. Wilder Educational Foundation continue to be received, not only from members, but other associations in the industry. The first foundation board meeting will be held during the annual conference to set the process for the selection of grant recipients for students studying the distribution science in hvacr.
- The accredited Home Study Institute continues to be an effective educational supplier to the membership with quality courses and self-directed workbooks to provide economical basic product knowledge training to employees in the warehouse, at the counter and in sales. Some 100 member firms used the program this year.