From work orders to time usage, ServiceChannel acts as an independent repository for service history. Records are available online, in real time, allowing projects to be tracked to the minute. The Web site offers an online service community to trades such as hvacr, electrical, plumbing and more.
"ServiceChannel gives both facility managers and their service contractors a single vantage point from which to coordinate, collaborate and conduct their business," said Steve Gottfried, president and founder of ServiceChannel. "With online access to their respective contacts and work orders, both parties stand to gain in terms of easier management and monitoring of multiple projects."
For more information, visit www.ServiceChannel.com.
- The Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Institute (ARI) recently released its first edition of Global Views, an electronic, members-only publication on the international hvacr business. Topics discussed in the newsletter include ARI's global outreach efforts, U.S. exports assistance programs, trade polices, overseas regulations, certification programs and more.
Global Views is published quarterly. For more information, ARI members are asked to contact Julie McCombs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Service Experts Inc., a subsidiary of Lennox International, recently announced several improvements to its Web site. Designed to offer consumers answers to their heating, air conditioning and IAQ questions, the site is now easier to navigate and has a new look. The site's service center locator has been improved, making it easier for consumers to contact one of Service Experts' 200 affiliated facilities.
For information, call (972) 497-6930 or www.serviceexperts.com.
- Hvac engineering software company HVAC Solutions Inc. has a Web site promoting the firm's namesake software. Company officials sat HVAC Solution performs all calculations associated with air and water schematics. The site provides a free downloadable demonstration of the software system. For more information, go to www.hvacsolution.com.
- To help more real estate professionals understand the causes of and solutions for indoor air quality problems, the Building Owners and Managers Association International recently launched an online IAQ Resource Center as part of the group's official Web site. At www.boma.org/iaq, BOMA offers information on the factors that affect IAQ, common causes of IAQ problems, how to establish an IAQ management system and more. A new section deals with the threat of bioterrorism and the IAQ issues involved in adequately protecting a building.
The site also includes information on BOMA's position on ASHRAE IAQ Standard 62, Standard 90.1 and second-hand smoke.
- Bryant Heating and Cooling Systems offers easy access to the company's dealers through www.bryant.com. Visitors to the site can now enter their address and see a list of Bryant dealers in their area, including addresses, phone numbers and the distance from the customer's current location. They can also submit a request for the nearest dealer to contact them.
"Once the customer makes the request online, their information is faxed to the dealer, who will respond within 48 hours," said Andy Paskins, marketing manager for Bryant.
Dealers may also provide a link to their company's web site directly from Bryant's page.