10 – Assuming that Everything Will be Fine
- Assuming that pre-contract goodwill will prevail throughout the project.
- Getting too focused on what you will do next after this job is completed.
- Assuming that you will get competent performance out of an unskilled or poorly trained workforce.
- Not bothering to understand the track record of the owner/developer.
- Selecting subcontractors and suppliers based solely on price even if unknown or previously unreliable.
- Not understanding importance of reputation to long-term success of business.
- Use experienced people in key positions and keep them.
- Place highest priority on workforce training and supervision.
- Establish procedures for detection and reporting of problems.
- Emphasize reliability in selection of subcontractors and suppliers.