RoboVent launches The Spire, a new robotic weld fume extraction system
RoboVent has re-designed one of their most popular weld fume extraction systems from inside out as the first part of a new wave of product launches and exciting organizational updates and announcements leading into 2020.
Each Spire unit provides filtration for up to two robotic weld cells for effective source capture filtration or easily converted to an ambient unit for area-wide filtration when a hooded enclosure is not possible.
“We’ve retained the name of the unit and the 3’x3’ footprint that our customers love about the Spire. However, we completely reengineered the Spire for better pulsing, longer lasting filters and easy maintenance features our customers requested. We made substantial improvements to make filter changes and dust disposal easy and upgraded our touchscreen controls to a huge 7” screen – customers that liked the old Spire will love the new Spire,” explains, RoboVent President Rick Kreczmer.
The new Spire ships standard with the following features:
- 7” Full Color HMI Touchscreen – for easier user operation;
- Variable Speed Drive – to save energy and extend filter life;
- 3ft x 3ft Footprint – which requires about the same space as a typical weld wire barrel;
- Moveable Control Panel – to make installation and access easier;
- Upgraded Dust Containment – which means production can run longer and dust removal is simple and fast;
- RoboVent PleatLock Filters – for longer filter life and easier change-outs;
- Improve Filter Pulsing – to minimize filter pressure build up, extending filter life;
- Fully Assembled – unit ships fully assembled for easier installation;
“This is one of the best product launches I’ve been part of – plain and simple. The new Spire was produced with a collaborative effort of end users, specifying engineers, industry influencers and consultants and every part of our organization. Together we took everything we knew, challenged it and created the next generation of dust collectors for welding operations,” says Mike Meyer, EVP of Engineering & Technical Services at RoboVent.
“Fabricators & manufacturers expect the best from RoboVent and we intend to deliver. This latest innovation through Spire is the first of several new and enhanced products we’ll be launching in 2020. We will deliver fast, friendly, world-class service and equipment,” Kreczmer continues.” I am proud and confident when I say the team we have in place today across all phases of the organization is the best in the industry.”
For more information about RoboVent Spire for Source Capture or RoboVent Spire for ambient, visit robovent.com.