Oil & Energy Service Professional's Dave Nelsen Scholarship Award open to HVAC Technicians
Oil & Energy Service Professionals has expanded its Dave Nelsen Scholarship Program to HVAC technicians. Established in 1999, the scholarship program is meant to provide scholarships to students interested in pursuing their careers in the energy service industry and has presented more than $300,000 in awards.
Effective immediately, OESP will offer scholarships to technicians for qualifying education up to a maximum of $2,000. In order to be considered to receive a scholarship, applicants must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Must apply for the scholarship at least two weeks before the start of the class.
- Must have sponsorship by a local OESP chapter.
- Must have been working as a technician for a minimum of one year in the field of HVAC, propane or oil.
- Must be working at a company with a membership in OESP.
- Must present a detailed explanation of the class you wish to take and the benefits to you of the class, in your own words. Please include a separate sheet with this explanation.
- May apply up to two times, to receive a maximum of $2,000.
- A licensing fee does not qualify for reimbursement, but the courses to achieve the license do qualify.
- Manufacturer training may qualify, please present for evaluation.
- NORA education either onsite at a NORA location or at the EEE will qualify. The NORA exam fees do not qualify.
- Certifications (present for evaluation)
For complete eligibility requirements and to download an application, visit thinkoesp.org or call 888-552-0900.