Oracle Construction and Engineering’s new Innovation Lab is a simulated project worksite featuring integrated technologies from a number of construction tech companies. Unveiled this month, visitors can interact with leading-edge solutions at the new lab, including connected devices, autonomous vehicles, drones, augmented reality, visualization and artificial intelligence tools.
The facility is designed to accelerate efforts to help project- and asset-intensive organizations explore the latest technologies and drive digital transformation, explains Mike Sicilia, senior vice president and general manager of Oracle Construction and Engineering.
“Advances in technology are reshaping the industry landscape at an accelerating pace. Our Innovation Lab enables organizations to experience firsthand how new technologies can help drive better project outcomes in critical areas such as safety, productivity and quality,” said Sicilia in a press release announcing the new lab. “We are excited to welcome our current and prospective customers, partners, the academic community and others to our Innovation Lab to help them experience the future of projects.”
Technology providers that will participate in the Innovation Lab at launch include:
- Assemble Systems, an Autodesk company, provides a SaaS solution that enables construction professionals to condition, query and connect BIM data to key workflows across bid management, estimating, scheduling, site management and finance.
- Bosch is empowering more productivity on the job site through their connected tools and asset solutions.
- DAQRI empowers workforces by linking digital content to the real world to accelerate productivity, communication, and key business processes.
- HERE, the Open Location Platform company, enables people, businesses and cities to harness the power of location. By making sense of the world through the lens of location, HERE empowers its customers to achieve better outcomes.
- Jovix, a material readiness application developed by Atlas RFID for the construction market, keeps crews productive with accurate and real-time information about material availability relative to the construction plan and schedule.
- Reconstruct provides a 3D timeline that tracks visual progress, labor productivity, and predictive analytics that empower executives and their project teams to take actions to stay on time and on budget.
- Triax’s platform connects the construction job site and provides real-time visibility into workers, safety, equipment, and asset management.
Located in Deerfield, Illinois, the lab to measure performance improvements and data insights these technologies can deliver within a simulated connected worksite. Additionally, the Innovation Lab features a demonstration of Oracle Live Experience Cloud, showcasing modern engagement for cross-worksite experiences.