Contractor offers Texas HVAC market discounted tuneups in exchange for donations
The hustle and bustle of the holiday season can easily make many homeowners forget about two major focuses this season: safety and giving.
That’s why one north Texas HVAC company decided to compile the two into one great service offering: Tuneup for Tots.
To encourage homeowners to have their furnaces checked, A No. 1 Air Inc. of Carrollton, Texas, is offering a full-service furnace tuneup for $49, discounted from the regular price of $149. To earn the special price, a customer gives the technician a new, unwrapped toy to be donated to Toys for Tots. The technicians are collecting the toys until Dec. 17.
While there are many key benefits to having a tuneup on your furnace, the top two reasons are safety and efficiency. Proper maintenance on a furnace helps ensure safety and comfort, extends the life of the furnace, and helps save homeowners money on utility bills.
A checklist of services homeowners should expect their HVAC technician to perform during a furnace tuneup includes:
· Checking for leaks in gas piping (applies to gas systems only, in order to check for carbon monoxide leaks)
· Cleaning or replacement of standard filters
· Clearing or adjustment of blower components
· Calibration of thermostat for proper temperature settings
· Cleaning of condensate drains (to prevent water leaks and mold)
· Checking and adjustment of burner assembly
· Monitoring flue draft
· Testing starting capabilities
· Testing safety controls
· Checking for proper airflow
· Tightening of electrical connections
· Measuring of voltage and amperage capabilities
· Lubricating of all moving parts
· Checking the evaporator coil
· Measuring temperature difference
· Pulling and cleaning the blower wheel
Many furnace manufacturers recommend tuneups be performed twice a year; once in the spring or summer and once in the fall or winter. With winter weather already in much of the country, it’s the perfect time for homeowners to have a winter furnace tuneup performed.
A No. 1 Air is making a matching donation for every toy collected from its customers. The toys will be donated Dec. 18. For more information visit this website.
This article was supplied by A No. 1 Air.