Wholesalers in the Sunshine State
October 1, 2009
A little shorter than originally planned due to the difficult economy, the Nov. 1-4 HARDI annual convention in Orlando, Fla., is still expected to draw plenty of wholesalers.
The Heating, Airconditioning & Refrigeration Distributors International is bringing its convention to the JW Marriott Grand Lakes in Orlando, Fla., and along with it, an agenda packed with educational sessions and seminars to teach members about the rapidly changing wholesale distribution industry.
The slogan this year is “Turning up the heat on recovery,” so expect a number of sessions with insights on where the economy is heading. And as always, HARDI will end it with a trade show, dinner and entertainment.
HARDI’s 2009-2010 president - its first female one - Chrissy Nardini, is also expected to be recognized at the convention’s end. Here’s a look at some of the other sessions planned.
The keynote session at 8:30 a.m. Nov. 3 will be led by Tony Jeary. His presentation, “Strategic Acceleration - Succeed at the Speed of Life,” will expand on themes Jeary wrote about in his most recent book. He will focus on three areas: clarity, focus and execution, and how they relate to your life and business.
SessionsThese HARDI council sessions will take place at 10:15 a.m. Nov. 3:
• Controls Distributors Council. This year’s program will be a roundtable discussion, “Hope is Not a Strategy: Practical Guidance for Survival in This Difficult Economy.” Panelists Dave Molin from Honeywell, Chris Eichmann and Rich Schmidt of Schmidt Consulting will offer their insights on how to handle the rough business environment. A question-and-answer session will also be held.
• HVAC Systems and Equipment Council. Federal tax credits, stimulus funding, state issues and regulations - all these issues will be explored by the council.
• Refrigeration Systems Council. The latest news on climate-change issues and how they affect the HVACR industry will be explained by Julius Banks from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
• Hydronic Heating and Cooling Council. The fast-growing and new technology of condensing boilers will be explored by an industry expert.
At 1:45 p.m. Nov. 3, these educational sessions will be held. Sessions will repeat at 3:30 p.m.:
• Alan Beaulieu from the Institute for Trend Research has a session many HARDI members probably will want to hear: “Economy Recovery - Good Times are Ahead.” Inflation, the effects of the Obama administration and Congress on the U.S. economy will be explored.
• “Selling has Nothing to Do With Selling.” Rick Farrell of Tangent Knowledge Systems will present an untraditional view on how to recover from this economic malaise and boost business.
• Rick Johnson of CEO Strategist LLC will explain why attitude is important to success with “Leadership Techniques in an Economic Recovery.”
• “Top 10 Technology Priorities for Distributors.” Rick Sundahl of Grey Wolf Systems will explain the technologies the wholesaling industry needs to ensure the best return on investment.
And finally, at 10:15 a.m. Nov. 4, HARDI will hold its annual conference booth program. This year, 200 exhibitors are expected for the tabletop-style trade show.
For more details on the 2009 HARDI convention, contact the association at (888) 253-2128 or see www.hardinet.org.