At its annual convention Oct. 21-25 in Las Vegas, the Sheet Metal and Air-Conditioning Contractors’ National Association announced the winners of its annual Safety Excellence Awards. The 2007 award winners are:
Over 500,000 hours
• University Mechanical and Engineering Contractors, Tempe, Ariz.
•University Mechanical and Engineering Contractors, El Cajon, Calif.
• McKenney’s Inc., Atlanta.
• Holaday-Parks Inc., Seattle
•August Winter & Sons Inc., Appleton, Wis.
•Poynter Sheet Metal Inc., Bloomington, Ind.
•Airco Mechanical Inc., Sacramento, Calif.
• Metro Mechanical Inc., Phoenix
• Miller Bonded Inc., Albuquerque, N.M.
• Technical Building Services Inc., Ballston Spa, N.Y.
• BHW Sheet Metal Co., Jonesboro, Ga.
California Sheet Metal, Santee, Calif.
• S.P. McCarl & Co., Altoona, Pa.
• Weiss Sheet Metal Co., Gardena, Calif.
• East Muskegon Roofing and Sheet Metal Co., Muskegon, Mich.
• Neudorfer Engineers, Seattle
• Pyramid Sheet Metal, Philadelphia
• Environmental Heating and Air Conditioning Inc., Oxnard, Calif.
• Cambridge Sheet Metal Inc., Whippany, N.J.
• GSM Sheet Metal Inc., Anaheim, Calif.
• Tinmaster Inc., Kansas City, Mo.
• Capital Sheet Metal, Sacramento, Calif.
• James E. Roth Inc., Cranberry Township, Pa.
• Mendenhall Manufacturing Inc., McClellan, Calif.
Chapter Participation Awards
• SMCA of Philadelphia and Vicinity
• SMACNA-Sacramento Valley Chapter
• New Mexico Sheet Metal Contractors Association
The results represent nearly 58 million man-hours worked in the 2006 calendar year, SMACNA officials added. There were 245 members that participated in the 2007 survey, with more than 25 percent responding online through the SMACNA Web site.
Seventy-five member companies reported “zero injury incidents,” officials said.
SMACNA names safety award program winners
January 1, 2008